Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My first winning photograph!

Sorry for the lack of updates, there hasn't been much happenings with me besides exams last week and hanging out with my usual friends on weekends. Exams went well, and routinely, on Fridays, I will go for badminton in the evening, then go over to a senior's place to cook dinner and then watch a movie during dinner followed by PS3 + 32" LCD TV.

On other news...

Finally, one of my photographs had been chosen as first prize at my uni's Memorial Union Tech Arts Festival 2008. It was chosen out of over 75 photos. The judge was the university's photographer. I submited two photographs for the color photography category.

This one - Yellow Cab in Chicago


and this... City of Chicago at Night...(cont.)



....was the winning shot...

I am getting US$80 for this shot. I am pretty proud and happy as this is my first "paid" photography. Hope I'll be able to enter and win more contests with my photos.

Anyone looking for a photographer for portraits? I'd like to venture into that field of photography. As most of you have seen, most of my photos are landscapes and abstract objects.

Do check out my selected photos @ flickr

Cheers!

3 comments:

kj 凯捷 said...

haha did you photoshop the first cab photo? if yes, i know the reason why it didn't win haha..

anyway, great shot on chicago.. i love this shot when i saw it =) great achievement!!! all the best with your photos next time hehe...

Anonymous said...

well, there could only be one first place winner. So, I don't think they can afford to give me 2 first prizes.
Hehe, thanks anyways!

Lydia said...

wow, i love both shots really! but the night shot was simply breathtaking, well done!

Live to eat or Eat to live?