Sunday, March 16, 2008

End of Spring Break...

This break has passed by so fast... It was pretty much just eat, play, sleep and badminton everyday. But the most enjoyable part was eating and cooking this break, badminton too... It's sure good to exercise.

This has been pretty much my hang out place for this break...



Notice the 2 photos at the side of the room? My seniors really like my photos, so I developed 8x10's for them to put up.

Here's what the guys here enjoy a lot...



A 32" LCD TV hooked up with a PS3 via HDMI video connection. Blue-Ray movies played on this pair is really awesome. When watching Spiderman 3, the details that you could see were absolutely unbelievable. Tobey Maguire isn't that best looking guy around, but after watching him in Blue-Ray, that statement holds beyond true. We also got a copy of Blue-Ray Pirates of The Caribbean 3, which didn't disappoint us either. Missing in this photo is another console. Just this morning, my senior bought a Nintendo Wii. Walmart didn't have stock for weeks until today. We only had the sports games that came with the set and it was sure fun. It's really cool how interactive the games are on the Wii. My fav are bowling and tennis.
On Thursday night, I prepared bak kut teh. It was simple, just follow the instructions on the spice packet. The brand used was A1 from Malaysia.

Here's what we had...







Black mushrooms and golden mushrooms



On Friday afternoon...


It has been awhile since i cooked pasta so, on Friday I made pasta. It's my famous basil seafood pasta.

Till now I have never shared this recipe with anyone as the recipe had been handed down from my mom.

So, all I can do is show you how it looks like...





I also made garlic bread and baked cod fish with garlic butter and herbs.





I did use some of the juice that came from the baked fish into my pasta. That help make the pasta more flavorful. Another important ingredient was white wine. My senior had a bottle of white wine at home and he let me use it for the pasta. My friends loved the pasta very much. They believe it's one of the best pasta that they had ever tasted cause it was very different from the ones which is common in restaurants like alfredo, carbonara, bolognese and aglio olio. It feels good to cook a good meal for people who enjoys food just like me.

For dinner, we went over to another senior's house for homemade pan mee. It was good too. For dessert, my senior and I prepared this...



It was inspired by our most favorite dessert at Applebee's diner, the Triple Meltdown. It's just a moist chocolate cake drizzled with chocolate syrup served hot with vanilla ice cream. It's superb I tell you. Hot and cold at the same time... Mmmmm.... YUMMY!

We successfully recreated this dessert using Pillsbury's Moist Supreme cake mix.


and cheap Vanilla Ice cream. We also used Nestle Nesquik Chocolate Syrup to drizzle over it. Did I mention the mix we used was Dark Chocolate? It's my favorite chocolate. This cake mix was really moist and the instructions were simple. All we needed were the mix, eggs, water and oil.

To be continued...

2 comments:

eiling lim said...

so mean don't wanna share this pasta recipe with me! i'll complain to yiling

Anonymous said...

Sorry lar... My mama's recipe... Yiling's very understanding one.

Live to eat or Eat to live?