Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chinese Styled Pop Corn Chicken?

So, just a couple of hours ago me and my friends was thinking of what to eat for dinner. I really wanted to cook, so I tried to think of something I haven't tried cooking before. So, this dish inspired by one of my fav dish from my mom, Chinese Styled Chicken Chop. Here's a old photo of it when I had it back in Malaysia.



And here's my dish... Chinese Styled Pop Corn Chicken (well, they're actually just slices bite size chicken thigh)


A very simple dish to make...

Ingredients:

1. Chicken Thigh fillets
2. Soy sauce
3. Pepper
4. Egg
5. Flour

THAT'S IT!!

Preparation:

1. Slice chicken thigh fillet into bite size pieces.
2. Put them in a bowl marinate it with soy sauce and pepper. There are no proportion to it, but the pepper taste does have to be a lil strong cause it gives the meat a really good flavor.

As again, most of you all know I always cook without fixed amount ingredients. I
put in whatever amount I think is just right to achieve the taste that I want.

Tip: For this dish, you need to try and fry a piece of two to taste whether the meat is well marinated.

3. You do not need to marinate the meat for a few hours. It's ready to cook as long it has been well mixed.

4. Next, scramble the egg to make the coating for the chicken. I used multipurpose flour for the coat.

5. Take pieces of the meat, coat it with a thin layer of egg followed by a good coating of flour.

Tip: The reason I never mix the egg and flour into a batter because this method produces a crispier coating for the meat.

6. Fry the coated meat with medium high heat. And wait till it turns golden brown.

7. Put it on a plate with kitchen towels to absorb the excess oil from the meat.

Tip: Make sure the oil is well heated before frying, otherwise you will either get an overcooked meat which is not golden brown for a very long time or a uncooked meat which is close to being burnt very fast.

8. SERVE!

Extra: Serve it with Thai styled sweet chilli sauce.

It'll be good if you can serve it with slices of cucumber or salad greens like fresh lettuce/cabbage.

ENJOY!

"Taste as I taste"



No comments:

Live to eat or Eat to live?