Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Curry Noodles for Lunch! and Druncken Salted Chicken for Dinner! ~faints~

Once again, my senior Ee Lim didn't disappoint us. He made Curry Noodles for lunch on Sunday. He served it with pasta noodles. Everything was fine but the soup was a lil diluted.

Look at those big succulent prawns!

For dinner, I prepared drunken chicken. It had actually been prepared since Saturday night. The chicken has to be marinated overnight.

For this dish, I used chicken wings and drumsticks.

This is a very simple dish to prepare. First, massage the chicken with salt and let it sit in the fridge for 4 hours.

Next, just steam the chicken for about 15mins until the chicken is cooked just right.

To prepare the marination. All you need is the stock from the steam chicken and about 2 cups of chinese cooking wine, Shao Xing wine. The wine I used wasn't the sweet type, so I put about 2 teaspoons of sugar as well in addition to another 2 tbsp of salt (yeah I know, a lot of salt, but this dish is meant to be salty). Make sure most of the chicken is soaked in the marination and leave it soaked overnight in the fridge.

To serve the dish, heat up the chicken over the stove. Remove the chicken once it starts boiling. Serve the sauce separately. The sauce goes well over the chicken and on rice.

Being the first time making this dish, I'd say it was not bad. The only thing most of my friends agreed was if it had a lil more wine taste it'd been better. I think so too, it would have been even tastier if I had some XO/brandy. Also missing were slices of ginger for the marination and also spring onion/cilantro (chinese celery) when serving. We were out of all those.


Drunken Salted Chicken by Me



Other dishes of the night...

Mongolian Stir Fried Beef by Pou Chong and Me

and stir fried vegetable with sausages by Shu Wei


And again we finish off the night with movies and PS3.
(I am loving that 32" LCD with PS3!)

Enjoy!~

No comments:

Live to eat or Eat to live?