Thursday, December 6, 2007

My first Krispy Kreme Experience



Finally I have taste my first Krispy Kreme Doughnut.... in LAS VEGAS!

They had an outlet in Luxor Hotel in las Vegas


Luxor, Las Vegas

I am sorry I don't have photos of the doughnuts itself cause I was too eager to taste them. I had original glazed, glazed raspberry filled, glazed chocolate cake and glazed cinnamon cause it just came out straight from the oven!

Here are photos I got off the Krispy Kreme website.






And to those who have tasted Big Apple doughnuts or even J Co doughnuts back in Malaysia, once you have tasted Krispy Kreme doughnuts... you'll lust for it forever....

To officiate my Krispy Kreme experience, of course I had the original glazed first. Here's what I thought...

When you take your first bite, you will bite through the sugar glaze coating, that first bite triggers your taste bud to expect more sweetness from the doughnut. As you continue biting through it, you will be able to savor the fluffiness and lightness of the doughnut. Soon after your first bite... in a matter of seconds your doughnut will be in your tummy without even realizing. However, because it was my first, I savored every bite of it. It didn't have any trace of oiliness in the doughnut.

The other flavors were good too. I like how the raspberry jam complement the doughnut. Back in Malaysia, I always had
strawberry filled at Dunkin Doughnuts. The Glazed Chocolate Cake was something new for me. It was really like a moist chocolate cake shaped into a doughnut and glazed. The texture is of course more towards a cake than a doughnut. The choc in it was pretty rich. I also tried the cinammon one since it was fresh from the oven. And it definitely did not disappoint me either, even though I am no big fan of cinnamon.

Below you will see me savouring every bite of my first Krispy Kreme.










Knowing that I wont be able to get Krispy Kreme near my place. The closest is in Marquette, MI which is about 2 hours away from me.

I visited another Krispy Kreme outlet at the Fermont Street Experience.


Pictured here, again Original Glazed, Glazed Raspberry Filled and Chocolate Iced Glazed.

Here's one I missed at the top




Krispy Kreme doughnuts is a must try in USA!

CHEERS to all Doughnut lovers!

To read about Krispy Kreme's secret recipe, go to http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipedetail.asp?sessionid=&login=yes&id=429&agree=yes

No comments:

Live to eat or Eat to live?