Saturday, November 8, 2008

Laksa Johor

Laksa Johor served with thin spaghetti

"Choi Sam", Prawns, Shredded Chicken and Homemade "Tau Pok"


Nothing really special here. I just used the ready made Laksa Johor paste which I brought from Malaysia. Added my own ingredients.

I can't get "tau pok" here. So, I made my own. The method is quite simple. Buy "soft" white tofu. Freeze it in the freezer overnight. Put it back in the normal refrigerator. This process creates the porous texture in the "tau pok". When ready to use, cut into desired size and deep fry it till it's golden brown. There is a lot of moisture in white tofu, so it takes quite a bit of time to get the desired result.

1 comment:

facobasten1984 said...

Thank you thank you...
I've been craving for sporean food and looking for tau pok like crazy here but cannot find, your blog is truly usefull!! thanks will buy tofu tommrow!!

Live to eat or Eat to live?